Courtesy of the Blurred Line
Thank you Jenn http://thatsajennstory.wordpress.com/ for this nomination, and I do accept it. I love reading blogs, so many wonderful writers on cyberspace. Time keeps me from reading more, what I have read are interesting, different perspectives on life, living, and the pursuit of happiness. Jenn’s blog always has a new twist, she manages to take her interests and with a stroke of her pen (key board), colors the images and excites the reader. Sometimes I laugh, or shed a tear, or just sigh, her writings are superb! Do visit her site, you’ll not be disappointed.
These awards are humbling for me, I have gained more than I have given. It’s a whole new world, writing my thoughts down. My Mother’s Alzheimer’s is challenging as a caregiver and heart wrenching as a daughter. It’s steady as you go, taking one day at a time.
Now to get down to my homework ( smile). Seven random things about myself:
l. I miss my nephew Kyle Joseph Knapp who passed away a few weeks ago. Kyle was an inspiring young writer with a heart of gold. I miss his smile. My sad heart wishes I’d known him better. I told him once that his writings were too deep for me. I’ve found myself reading Pluvial Gardens, his book of poems , over and over, trying to understand him.
2. I am persistent, sometimes it gets me in trouble, I get on these missions in my head, and like a bulldog, gotta get it done!
3. Deep down, I have a fear of flying in airplanes. I fly because I have to, used to drive home to N.Y., now I’m older and can’t drive alone. So, it stresses me, but I do it by closing my eyes and clutching the seat while I pray and ask God to stay with the pilot, I’m O.K.!
4. We lived in Iceland when our son was a baby, such simple times. My only mission then was GETTING SOME SLEEP….so much daylight in the summer!
5. I enjoy Star Trek movies…..can’t get enough ….even love reruns….weird!
6. I love noodles of any sort! Spaghetti, salads, mac ‘n cheese …PASTA PASTA PASTA!
7. I am a patriot ….I bleed red, white, and blue!
My nominations for the : WONDERFUL TEAM MEMBER READERSHIP AWARD (I love the logo) are those who have made me smile, cry, everyday and they READ on:
Again, thank-you Jenn for the nomination, and I will continue to READ, READ, READ! Like always, writing keeps my mind free . It helps me soar above Alzheimer’s sadness. It gives me time for me, myself, and I. Selfish, but I love to share. Thanks to everyone who reads Alzheimer’s Trail.