The Liebster Award is one of many awards available to encourage new bloggers, and to help us discover new blogs to enjoy. It’s a great way to link hearts with other bloggers!
Many thanks to : Elizabeth Yalian http://hiseyeisonthissparrow.com/2013/04/20/linking-hearts-through-award-nominations/#more-2523 for nominating me. I am honored. This is my 3rd award from another blogger, my 2nd Liebster. Coming from one who puts her heart into her writings makes this award very special for me. Do visit her blog and enjoy. She’s awesome.
My blogging days started in September of 2012. My muse, if you will, is my Mother. Mom has Alzheimer’s. I quit work early to be around her and ultimately brought her to Texas, to our home. Life has never been the same. Every day is a challenge. I always longed to write SOMETHING ever since my teenage years. Life took me by the hand and the whirlwind took me in the opposite direction. Since having Mom around, I’ve had time to see and think, two tools needed before putting words on paper (or laptop). I just watched her and one day started writing stuff. AWESOME. I’m in … hook, line, and sinker! My poems are cathartic for me. I love sharing my writings, and reading the work s of others!
The Criteria to follow for this Liebster Award are:
l. Post The Award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their site.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself to help us to get to know you better.
4. Respond to the 11 questions the presenter has asked.
5. Nominate 11 new bloggers you consider noteworthy.
6. Post your very own 11 questions to the nominees.
7. Leave a message for your nominees you have chosen.
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME!
l. I’m young at heart, in this aging body.
2. I love watching nature, makes me feel close to The Lord.
3. I miss my working friends AWFUL. Nursing was a big part of my life prior to now.
4. Caring for my Mom is a blessing for me. She was a loving Mom. I still see her, at times.
5. Recently met (on-line)v my cousins from my Mom’s sister Barbara that I’m enjoying learning about.
6. I’ve always hated cooking, but not so much now, I guess I’ve time to PLAY WITH IT…LOL.
7. I’m married to a terrific guy, almost 44 years not. He’s great with my Mom.
8. My kids hold my heart, and my grandsons have the key!
9. I couldn’t do what I’m doing now without my siblings …all four. Each give me strength.
10. I’m not just new to blogging …computers too! Had to learn in nursing, now A MUST!
11. Finally ……………….. I LOVE going barefoot! My feet love the cool………….lol.
The Eleven Question Elizabeth asked are:
Have you ever pretended to be someone else? NO, being me has been a handful!
What has been your favorite vacation experience? Actually, our vacations over our married life had always been going home to visit family. Seeing our families and watching our nieces and nephews grow over the years was exciting.
What got you into blogging? Needing to vent. My brother David was blogging and I was encouraged watching him grow.
What is your favorite post on your own blog site? my poem: Pride And Dignity. We deal with it EVERY DAY!
How would your family describe you? Probably a pain in the neck. I’ve always been a doer …now …lol … a nagger!
What has been the happiest day of your life? When my children were born …instant love!
If you could redo a day, which one would it be? our wedding day, it went so fast!
What is your best childhood memory? Swimming in Smitty’s Pond near our home with my siblings and friends.
What characteristic do you get the most compliments on? (e.g. smile, eyes, hairstyle, thoughtfulness, hospitality, kindness, joy, humor, etc.) Heavens, I never thought about it, probably my smile, I love smiling.
If you could visit any planet, which one would it be? None …there’s no place like home.
If you had the power to advance time, what year would you choose? I wouldn’t. I’d choose now. Now changes the future.
My nominations for the Linking Hearts Liebster Award are:
Here are my questions to my nominees:
l. What flavor of ice cream do you like?
2. What’s your favorite memory during junior high school?
3. Do you like to sing, why or why not?
4. If you could vacation anywhere on planet earth, where would you?
5. What started you blogging?
6. What’s your muse?
7. How far away is your furthest follower?
8. Do you still have a dream?
9. Was there a teacher in school that made a difference in your life?
10. What makes you laugh?
11. Can you see yourself in 5 years, and where?
So ends my homework …smile …thanks again Elizabeth for this Linking Hearts Liebster Award!